Sunday, March 28, 2010

M.A.C 'Painterly' Paint Pot

                                          
"Painterly" Paint pot by M.A.C, this product is one of the most raved about products within the blog and youtube community. I first purchased this product about a year ago and as you see above I still have a lot left. I use this product maybe 3 to 4 times a week on my lids to create a base so that my eyeshadows can adhere to the lid better and to intensify the color of any eyeshadow that is similar in color to this specific paint pot. The color of this product is a pinky- nude and it does a lovely job at covering slight blotchy-ness on the lid or any light marks if your light all the way to a medium/ tan complexion. This products is not meant to be a concealer so keep that into consideration, this is a cream color that is meant to intensify the color of the eyeshadow you apply. A lot of people use this product to prevent creasing but this really does not do that if you have oily lids. If I apply this, which dries to a nice matte nude color and I add an eyeshadow on top, the eyeshadow will crease within 2-4 hours (on a regular fall/cold day). I would assume this wouldn't be the ideal product for a hot summer day since it is a cream and creams tend to melt away with heat. 
My overall thoughts about this specific product is if applied alone with some mascara it gives a nice, slight coverage to any blotchy-ness and it defiantly adds life to your lid but if used with an eyeshadow on top you might experience creasing if you have oily lids. In that case, I would suggest using Urban Decays Primer Potion and then the Paint Pot if you plan on wearing eyeshadow. The price of this is 16.50 for 0.17 oz and it also comes in other colors such as brown, black, bronze etc

10 comments:

  1. Exactly what i said in my review. I can not use this as a primer AT ALL ! but it is a great base : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review...I've been wondering about this product.

    www.niksbeautifuldaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product, definitely cannot wear alone or without a primer, I agree on that!

    I came across your blog and I love it, Im a new follower. Hope you check out my blog as well. :]

    nerdork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your picture...and i hope you will write soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have the same problem with this paint pot and creasing. however..i find that if u apply it with a brush (mac217) rather than with your fingers it applies just the right amount to provide for a base and prevent creasing where if u apply it with your finger you're more prone to applying too much. well thats in my personal experience anyway. but i do rly like the udpp a lot! and ironically the primer potion is cheaper and does a way better job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @beyoutifulkay I never actually thought of applying it with my mac217 but that's a great idea! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my fave paint pot when i am in a hurry i use it alone and looks very even just add mascara.

    http://aggierxqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete